Risoni Soup with lentils
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups brown lentils, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 2 cups roughly chopped baby spinach
- Select sauté and add oil to cooking pot. When oil is hot, sauté onion and carrots until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, cook for one minute. Add tomatoes, broth, water, lentils, cumin, garlic salt, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt and pepper
- Select high pressure and 10 minutes cook time. When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off, use a Quick Pressure Release to release the pressure.
- When valve drops carefully remove lid, tilting away from you to allow steam to disperse.
- Select Simmer and add orzo; simmer 10 minutes or until orzo and lentils are tender.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed.